Tuesday, December 5, 2017
03:45 pm - 05:30 pm
Presentation Stage, Booth 1170
Skill Council for Green Jobs Forum
To address the requirement of Talent Acquisition and Manpower Management in achieving the 175 GW Renewable Energy goal, Skill Council for Green Jobs (SCGJ) has been created as part of ‘Skill India Mission'. The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is placing special focus on this sector by empowering SCGJ to reach out to the industry.
The main objective of Skill Council for Green Jobs (www.sscgj.in )is to undertake Skill Gap study and Training Need Analysis of its sectors. Based on national level study of the Solar industry, 20 skilling standards have been identified and course curriculum developed in consultation with industry experts. SCGJ, through its over 300 affiliated training centres of national, state-level and private Training Institutions, including NISE, TERI, GERMI, IL&FS, TUV Rheinland, etc. has already trained and certified more than 14,000 candidates spread throughout the country in the Solar and Wind domain. A National database has been maintained for these candidates.
Equipping the workforce with the skills required for the jobs in renewable energy, is a strategic concern in the national growth and development outlooks of all the countries. Discussion on skilled manpower requirements and industry readiness for adopting strategies to incorporate the importance of continual skill development & upskilling programs at all levels of the organizational hierarchy, for achieving sustainable growth; given current scenario, policy and regulatory frameworks available and potential opportunities for uptake of skilled manpower by the RE industry.
Following will be the key talking points:
• Occupational Map of the solar industry for career progression in
- Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC)
- Operation & Maintenance (O&M)
• Current job employment and Job opportunities in next 5 years
• Expected Job creation in achieving 100MW of Rooftop Solar PV Plants for a smart / solar city
• Case Study of rooftop solar PV power plants and its employment generation statistics
• Upskilling the skills of the solar industry
• Solar Job census and activities of donor agencies in solar domain